How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax adviser
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2927
Experience:  IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I hired an tax attorney a year ago and he is dragging my case

Customer Question

I hired an tax attorney a year ago and he is dragging my case along until today he told m I owe 58,000 dollars and that I need to give his firm 10,000 to get it under 50,000 and then my payments would be 680.00 a month which I cannot pay at all. I have a security clearance at my job and my job would be in jeopardy right? I am blind right now
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Unless you are under criminal investigation or committed a tax fraud, engaging a tax lawyer or attorney is often unnecessary and often costly. What the attorney wants to do is a simple installment agreement that his part time aid or intern will fill out and file.I would suggest to find a CPA specialized in taxes or IRS licensed enrolled agent (EA) who can review your taxes and most likely do the same for few hundred dollars.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you.
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. I do not know what type of attorney you are using but 10K for a simple installment agreement sounds too much. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Here's the installment agreement. would also order a transcripts of your IRS account and your returns to make sure you really owe 58K. You can order your transcript here: want your return transcript and also your account transcript (billing).