How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I mailed three previous years tax returns to the IRS because

Customer Question

I mailed three previous years tax returns to the IRS because I am due a refund for all three. I mailed them 6 weeks ago and they have no record of them. If they do not find them, April 15, 2016 was the deadline for the earliest year of 2012. Will I be able to re file? I forgot to make copies but I already received state refunds back and have that as proof that I filed. Thank You!!!
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Here are two possible issues...1. your returns are still processing - and it could take some time. In this case your filing date is determined when your return was delivered to the IRS (and they stamped that date) - so you should be OK
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
2. your mailed package was lost and not delivered to the IRS. In this case you may send it again - but to retain the priority date - you would need to proof that package was sent. Without such proof - the statute of limitation will affect your 2012 tax return..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.