Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We own a small business in Canada that is registered to use

Customer Question
the Quick Method of computing...
We own a small business in Canada that is registered to use the Quick Method of computing HST. Experts tell that we must declare the money saved by using this method as income in the form of a government benefit. Is there a government publication explaining the need to do this and how? A Revenue Canada rep led us to a publication that did not help.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/28/2016
Tax Professional: Tax-Scholar, CPA replied 1 year ago
Tax-Scholar
In reading that document it sounds like sales tax will be applicable as LuLaRoe has nexus everywhere and you are part of their network. Here is what Option 2 reads:The consultant is obliged (if her state requires sales tax on clothing purchases) to collect from customers who come to her place of business, and in this option, this applies whether the customer is physically present or not. This is because the nexus exists by virtue of the consultant’s relationship with LuLaRoe.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do not understand your response at all.
Sorry that was meant for another customer. My apologies. I do not practice in Canada.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney