Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do

Customer Question
not need to register with...
I just read your answer; do I understand correctly that I do not need to register with the State of NC as a business, even though I do have a Schedule C on my 1040 which shows income of over $10,000 and I get a 1099-MISC. Thank you,
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/28/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Yes - that is correctunless your type of business activity requires a special License or Permit.See herehttp://www.blnc.gov/start-your-business/business-licenses-permitsThe State of North Carolina has no single generic business license that will ensure compliance with all requirements. Some businesses may be subject to several state requirements while others may not be subject to any. There are over 700 regulatory, state issued and occupational licenses and permits. In addition, a local license may be required for your business.If you are starting a business that may require an occupational license, please contact your board. Click here for a directory of all occupational boards in North Carolina and their contact information. .So there is NO requirement to have a specific registration, butbased on the type of your business activities - you MIGHT be required to have a License or Permit.
.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor