How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15180
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I forgot to append my Health Coverage Exemption form (8965).

Customer Question

I forgot to append my Health Coverage Exemption form (8965). I am exempt because I belong to a health care sharing ministry. Everything else on my return is correct. How do I get the form to the IRS so that they will note the Exemption?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf you omitted the 8965 when you filed you would need to send it attached to a 1040X amended return.You will note in the reason for change section that the form was omitted on original filing.This form cannot be sent independent of a tax form so the 1040X is required.