Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I forgot to append my Health Coverage Exemption form (8965).

Customer Question
I am exempt because I...
I forgot to append my Health Coverage Exemption form (8965). I am exempt because I belong to a health care sharing ministry. Everything else on my return is correct. How do I get the form to the IRS so that they will note the Exemption?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/27/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloIf you omitted the 8965 when you filed you would need to send it attached to a 1040X amended return.You will note in the reason for change section that the form was omitted on original filing.This form cannot be sent independent of a tax form so the 1040X is required.
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4