How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask rakhi.v Your Own Question
rakhi.v, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 4545
Experience:  Have graduated in Law with specialization & emphasis in Financial Laws and has working experience of over a decade.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
rakhi.v is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a married couple who have two properties transfer the tax

Customer Question

Can a married couple who have two properties transfer the tax (Prop 60 or 90) to a county accepting such do so on both properties? And, is there a time limit between the
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  rakhi.v replied 1 year ago.
Dear Friend,Hello and welcome. Thank you for providing an opportunity to assist you. I believe you are from California. There is no time limits prescribed. However, note that Prop or 90 depending upon the two houses if they are situated within the same county or different counties is preferred. That will have better benefits as I understand. Having said this, quit claim route is taken if the spouses are being separated due to divorce.Also not that to be eligible for the Prop 60-90 option, there are certain requirements. You may refer the following resource which is highly informative. I am sure this would help. You may please leave a positive rating if this helps as this is the only way we are compensated for assisting you. Alternatively, you may revert back with a reply if you need further assistance or if I have missed out on any aspect of your question. Warm Regards,