How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Angie Your Own Question
Angie, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 226
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Angie is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl. JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please

Customer Question

Hi Pearl.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: I'm wondering if the IRS will re-deposit my check a second time ?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: I lost track and did not have enough funds to cov
er it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Sometimes they do run them twice, these payments are processed by a clearinghouse, and each clearinghouse has different rules ...some do run them twice and some do not. The IRS rule on this is that it is up to you to see if you want to wait to see if it is resubmitted or send in payment.My recommendation is that you wait. If the check is not resubmitted and is returned to the IRS, they will send you a letter saying that the check was not honored by your bank and give you options on how to pay it. They do charge a fee of 2% or $25 dollars, which ever is greater.
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
You can read the IRS dishonored check rules at this link:
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.