How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax-Scholar Your Own Question
Tax-Scholar, CPA
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 89
Experience:  Helping customers comply with and plan for income taxes
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax-Scholar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I set up my Federal tax to be made in payments from my savings

Customer Question

I set up my Federal tax to be made in payments from my savings account. I used your service and everything was approved. but no payment have been made . you filed it so how do we resolve this ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax-Scholar replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thanks for using Just Answers. This is a Q&A website. We do not file tax returns. Here is my advice which should apply to electronic payments as well. Question: What should I do if I'm concerned because my check for payment to the IRS has not been cashed yet?Answer:You should check first with your financial institution to verify that your check has not cleared your account before you contact the IRS.If it has been at least two weeks since you sent your payment to the IRS and your financial institution verifies that the check has not cleared your account, you can call the IRS's toll-free number at(###) ###-####to ask if the payment has been credited to your account.If the payment has not been credited and your check has not cleared, you may choose to place a stop payment order on the original check and send another payment. In this case, the IRS does not charge a failure to pay penalty. Good luck.