Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have misplaced try IRS extension letter. When I tried to

Customer Question
I have misplaced try IRS...
I have misplaced try IRS extension letter. When I tried to unsuccessfully speak to someone at IRS, the wait was over an hour! Is there a particular number to call in situations like mine? We are trying to refinance our home, and the agent wants a copy of the granted extension, which I cannot find.
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: ???
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/25/2016
Tax Professional: Tax-Scholar, CPA replied 1 year ago
Tax-Scholar
Hello and welcome to just answers. There isn't really an easy way to get your extension from the IRS. I would recommend you just generate a new 4868. Did you use a tax software program? There is very little information on this form that is unique. The IRS can provide account transcripts and detail on extension payments. However for them to physically pull the Form 4868 is pretty difficult and timely.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney