How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax-Scholar Your Own Question
Tax-Scholar, CPA
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 89
Experience:  Helping customers comply with and plan for income taxes
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax-Scholar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

While filling of W4 form I chose my self as a Head oh House

Customer Question

while filling of W4 form I chose my self as a Head oh House hold but I'm married. I got to know that when I compared my salary with my friend. So, When do I need to return extra tax money to Federal? Also I'm not sure whether I need to claim section 'F' of W4 form or not Since I have 2 kids (5 and 3 years) and I'm not sure enough.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax-Scholar replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answers. The IRS Form W-4 is used to determine your tax withholding. If you claim extra exemptions and your employer does not withhold enough taxes you'll have to pay the IRS when you file your personal tax return. The return is due April 15. So the deadline just passed for the 2015 tax filing. If you do not pay in enough tax during the year through estimated payments or withholding then you could use an underpayment of estimated tax penalty. Based on your information you provided I would claim 3 exemptions. One for yourself and two for your kids.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What I heard from others that I don't need to file Income tax return this year. Since I came in USA this year only ( Jan 1st 2016).
Expert:  Tax-Scholar replied 1 year ago.
Yes that could be correct. For 2015 did you work in the United States? You say you came in the USA on 1.1.2016 and so I assume you are a citizen of a different country?