How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Anderson Your Own Question
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 541
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Anderson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a DBA sole owner and sole employee working small

Customer Question

I have a DBA sole owner and sole employee working for a small HOA as an
Office Assistant. They association will give me a 1099 at year end. I am using my personal SS number as my EIN. I am applying for the county license. I have been told I need to carry a million dollar policy. I am not a sub contractor and will only be working from the Isles office or even can work remotely from my home.
What am I required to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
What county did you apply for a license? Do you need one to do office work? Do they think you are doing construction or something? Is does not sound right. I would really consider if you need a license. It sounds like you really should just be an employee and not a contractor if you just work for them as their employee.Here is some info to consider:
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They don't want to get into having an employee. It is a small 284 home community. It is Browatd county Florida
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
Are you trying to get a business receipt? you checked how much a policy would be?