How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Is deeding property from a family C corporation to a family

Customer Question

Is deeding property from a family C corporation to a family trust a taxable event in Kansas?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Yes - that will be reported a distribution to shareholders.For C-corporation - it is reported as the sale at the FMV,For shareholders - it is reported as dividends - up to the amount of retained earning and the rest will be reported as non-dividend distribution.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
That is regardless how the property is used AFTER it is distributed from C-corporation.It is considered as distributed to shareholders and shareholders may transfer it to the trust after that.You might find helpful following article which discusses some tactics to Get Appreciated Real Estate Out of C Corporations. if there will be large taxable income and it will be taxed twice..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.