Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Does the estste of deceased shareholder in s corporation receive

Customer Question
k-1s and distributions following death...
Does the estste of deceased shareholder in s corporation receive k-1s and distributions following death up until shares are redeemed back by corporation in stock redemption agreement?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/21/2016
Tax Professional: PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 1 year ago
PDtax
PDtax, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Hi from Just Answer. I'mCustomer The general answer is yes, unless there is an agreement that a specific beneficiary receive the K-1 interest. The estate is allowed to hold the S shares, and will report income on 1041. Thanks for asking at Just Answer. Positive feedback is appreciated when you accept my response. I'mCustomer
PDtax
PDtax