Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed my taxes electronically last year, I still have not

Customer Question
received my refund and when...
I filed my taxes electronically last year, I still have not received my refund and when I wrote to the IRS they told me I did not SIGN the form, that's nuts. I sent them a copy of my return and signed it. It took them a year to even answer me.
What can I do to get my refund ??
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/21/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.The IRS' explanation does not make any sense because when you file your tax return electronically, you electronically "sign" the return. My best advice is to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service in your area and have them intervene with the IRS on your behalf. The service is free.https://www.irs.gov/AdvocatePlease let me know if you require further information or clarification.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I called the IRS Hotline. Their answer was: we cannot give any information on this account.
What the heck...... if they cannot, then who can ????
Did you call the Taxpayer Advocate or the IRS Hotline?Do you have a local IRS office close by that you can visit in person?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you receiving my e-mail ?I called both. Will check on an IRS office around here. What else can you recommend ?
Who is telling you they cannot give any information--the IRS or Taxpayer Advocate or both?You can also contact a local CPA/Enrolled Agent in your area and have them get involved on your behalf. You will need to sign Form 2848 (Power of Attorney) to have them intervene.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I would like to explain.... I take care of my paralyzed daughter and with the Drs' office visits, the wound care visits and nurses coming to the house, sometimes I just cannot get to the PC in a few days.
I understand. Get back to me when you can.
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent