How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark Anderson Your Own Question
Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 541
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark Anderson is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my 2015 taxes with Turbo Tax and sent my payment due

Customer Question

I filed my 2015 taxes with Turbo Tax and sent my payment due to US Treasury ($516.00) electronically. I gave my bank acct # ***** asked for it to be deducted on 4/10/2016. As of today, it still has not been taken out of my account. I want to be sure IRS has my payment. What should I do to check why this is so?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
You can contact the irs to see if they got your payment. Here is some info:
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
You may also want to call the IRS. Here is their number and info from the website:Question: What should I do if I'm concerned because my check for payment to the IRS has not been cashed yet?Answer:You should check first with your financial institution to verify that your check has not cleared your account before you contact the IRS.If it has been at least two weeks since you sent your payment to the IRS and your financial institution verifies that the check has not cleared your account, you can call the IRS's toll-free number at(###) ###-####to ask if the payment has been credited to your account.If the payment has not been credited and your check has not cleared, you may choose to place a stop payment order on the original check and send another payment. In this case, the IRS does not charge a failure to pay penalty.