How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29798
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a Kansas Tax warrant tax not paid.....I

Customer Question

I received a Kansas Tax warrant for income tax not paid.....I want to take care of the matter, but I KNOW the amount listed is NOT what I owe in back taxes. How do I arrange payment and start the process, but also question the amount owed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Sorry. Yes. Old taxes never submitted for Kansas...maybe 8 years worth. During this time I never made more than $36,000 in a year. Had rough patches too where I made only $16,000 one year. Never did tax returns for Kansas.....Tried to take care of it years ago when I was originally contacted, but never finished taking care of it I have all 1040's for all years. When I figured the taxes for all years total was less than $3,000 They say I owe over $12,000 and have issued a warrant I don't live in Kansas anymore so they are sending it in the mail I want to start paying what I owe, but also want to dispute the total
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
The Kansas Department of Revenue may consider a payment plan agreement for taxpayers to resolve their accounts if certain criteria are met.They will charge a $25 payment plan administration fee on all approved payment plans exceeding 90 days.Penalty and interest will continue to accrue during the life of the agreement based upon any unpaid tax. Most likely - the difference includes all additional penalties and interest charges accrued in your tax account.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
In some cases where the pay plan exceeds six months, a tax warrant will be filed with the District Court to protect the state's interest. A tax warrant will also be filed if the Statute of Limitations is due to expire during the term of the payment plan.Taxpayers who are granted a payment plan must file and pay all current and future taxes and estimated payments when due. Any additional debts not included in the agreement or missed payments will be considered default of the agreement and the department may take immediate enforcement action.Get the Payment Plan Request for INDIVIDUAL INCOME (CM-15) here. business - use another form your payment plan is approved you will receive a payment plan confirmation by mail within 14 days of our processing your request.If your payment plan is denied, you will receive instructions from the department on how to proceed..To verify tax assessments and calculations - you would need to contact the department directly.Telephone for Collections _785_296_6121_***@******.*** Fax _785_291_3616_For business - Civil Tax Enforcement _785_-296_6124_ Fax _785_296_1279_Or you may use contact phone on your notice..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.