Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Looking how to abate Florida 1120f fines filling and

Customer Question
Looking how to abate Florida...
Looking how to abate Florida 1120f fines for late filling and not filing?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: One was late one was never filed???
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No income or a loss for small homeschool / NP corporation
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I never received an answer, never received anything???
Answered in 1 day by:
4/21/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.I apologize for the delay in responding, but your question just became available to me.As to Florida,You will need to file the return that was never filed as soon as possible. You can include a letter with that return requesting abatement of the late filing and not filing penalties. Include in your letter a detailed explanation for the late filing and non-filing, an apology and a promise not to be late in the future.Please let me know if you require further information.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I know/ knew that! If you look at the question an elaborate, As the question already states that an abatement is known, what can be used as reasonable excuse for not filing?
Illness, death, not realizing/understanding that returns need to be filed with 0 income.
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent