How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3368
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Looking how to abate Florida 1120f fines filling and

Customer Question

Looking how to abate Florida 1120f fines for late filling and not filing?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: One was late one was never filed???
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: No income or a loss for small homeschool / NP corporation
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never received an answer, never received anything???
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.I apologize for the delay in responding, but your question just became available to me.As to Florida,You will need to file the return that was never filed as soon as possible. You can include a letter with that return requesting abatement of the late filing and not filing penalties. Include in your letter a detailed explanation for the late filing and non-filing, an apology and a promise not to be late in the future.Please let me know if you require further information.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know/ knew that! If you look at the question an elaborate, As the question already states that an abatement is known, what can be used as reasonable excuse for not filing?
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Illness, death, not realizing/understanding that returns need to be filed with 0 income.