Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Can the Mississippi State Tax Commission come into a business

Customer Question
without going to court and...
Can the Mississippi State Tax Commission come into a business without going to court and sieze cash out of the business owner's pocket ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/19/2016
Tax Professional: Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS replied 1 year ago
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS
Hi Elvin,...No. They can certainly place a lien or levy on an account (AFTER providing sufficient notice)....But would have to obtain a judgment and then enforce through the sheriff's offc. actually to seize cash or physical property....They many time DO conduct audit's at your office BUT you can request that this be done at your accountant's office....Also, an audit can be conducted at the Department of Revenue office using electronic data provided by you or at your accountant’s office. ​
Hi Elvin,...No. They can certainly place a lien or levy on an account (AFTER providing sufficient notice)....But would have to obtain a judgment and then enforce through the sheriff's offc. actually to seize cash or physical property....They many times DO conduct audit's at your office BUT you can request that this be done at your accountant's office....Also, an audit can be conducted at the Department of Revenue office using electronic data provided by you or at your accountant’s office. ​
If you'd like your accountant or attorney to represent you in these matters you can use this form:...http://www.dor.ms.gov/Forms/PowerofAttorneyform2100211bFillIn.pdf
Also see this:...If a person disagrees with certain actions of the Department, that person may appeal to the Review Board. The links below provide information concerning items that may be appealed, and the process to follow in making a request for a hearing....The appeal process for ABC actions may be found in the ABC Regulations....Review Board Appeal Petition | Form 50-001-10Power of Attorney | Form 21-002-10Regulation concerning appeals​ 35.I.01.107, Mississippi Administrative CodeAppeal process for audits and other tax assessments online brochureSuspension or revocation of permits or licenses​ online brochure...Address Information...Review BoardP.O. Box 22828Jackson, MS 39225Phone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####..Board of Tax Appeals 2679 Crane Ridge Drive, Suite AJackson, MS###-##-####hone:(###) ###-####ax:(###) ###-####oard of Tax Appeals Website​​​​​​​
Please let me know if you have any questions at all......If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work until you have rated in this way....But again, let me know if you need more here...Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986.
Did you see my answer?...… I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit") I know it takes an extra step, but JustAnswer won’t credit us for the work until you rate.
Lane
Lane
Lane, JD, CFP, MBA, CRPS