How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Pearl, I am trying to find out more information about the

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am trying to find out more information about the 170 e tax code
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: Well, i am a 501c and I would like to go after large companies and propose to them to donate their old stock to me under the 170e provision. I am seeing here that a S corp cannot donate?
JA: Is there anything else the Accountant should be aware of?
Customer: I need clarification of that law and would like to be able to understand it fully enough to make my sales pitches to these companies
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
There is no limit for S-corportaion to donate.However because S-corporation generally pays NO income tax - it may not deduct such donation.Also S-corportaion may donate it sown shares,however 501c organization may NOT own shares of S-corporation - in this case S-corporation is converted to C-corporation.