How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My husband passed away on 1/27/14 and now Internal Revenue

Customer Question

My husband passed away on 1/27/14 and now Internal Revenue Service will not process my tax return because my Social Security number is ***** under his number as the primary person in the household. What do I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 year ago.
Hello there ---When you filed the 2014 return did you let the IRS know on the form that your husband is deceased ? There is a box for you to check that off when you are filing a return jointly with someone who has passed away in the past year? -MARY