Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

We have legal guardianship of a 3 year old since 5/5/15 and

Customer Question
before guardianship have had her...
We have legal guardianship of a 3 year old since 5/5/15 and before guardianship have had her for 9 months living with us. She use to be our foster daughter, once she was out of the system her mom contacted us asking us to adopt her. We are still in the process (towards the end) of adopting her. Since we have legal guardianship and provide for her 100%, are we able to use the child tax credit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/18/2016
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. Yes, you may claim her on your taxes as a dependent. That means that you will also be eligible for the Child Tax Credit, and depending on your income, you may also be able to claim the Earned Income Credit. If you have found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars.It is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer.
HI I wanted to check back with you to see if you had any additional questions or if there was anything else I can help you with. If there is, please post your question here & I'll be notified. If you found my answer helpful, please take the moment to rate positive so that I may receive credit for working with you. Thank you for choosing justanswer.
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer