How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15601
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to enroll in the IRS consumer rebate program?

Customer Question

I have heard of a cash rebate program under Sec. 106, Sub clause (b). How do I make myself available for  this program? The dead line to collect is 4/18.

Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.

The deadline is 4/18 because that is the due date of your federal return. This is not really a "rebate" is the option to either use your state taxes paid or SALES TAX when you complete your Schedule A and itemize your deductions instead of using the Standard Deduction. We have been allowed this for a few years now but it was finally made permanent, Before congress had to say OK every year if that was going to be allowed. If you want to use SALES TAX on your Schedule A then you do that instead of just listing your state taxes you paid or had withheld.