How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Arthur Rubin Your Own Question
Arthur Rubin
Arthur Rubin, Tax Preparer
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1561
Experience:  22 years of tax preparation experience, including individual, trust, and estate returns.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Arthur Rubin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im attempting to file my tax return and my employer has not

Customer Question

im attempting to file my tax return and my employer has not done w2's for me since he is sole proprietorand so there substitute documentation that i can submit to show income from the year .Thank you for you expertise
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Arthur Rubin replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. It's too late to get it done in time to file your tax return by Monday's deadline, but you can contact the IRS to request a form 4852. The IRS will contact your employer to ask why the form W-2 was not sent. Form 4852 will be attached to your tax return, but, although it can be downloaded, the return will not be accepted unless you go through the process of contacting the IRS at the usual phone number(###) ###-#### ***** provide them with your name, address, SSN, phone number, and your employer's name, address, and phone number.