Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I make a low income of about 12k a year.....ive had

Customer Question
Hi ,I make a low...
Hi ,I make a low income of about 12k a year.....ive had so many expenses.....but i want to file past returns for the last 6 yrs now.....how do i do this .....Ive no understanding of how to go about correcting this and an afraid high cost or the penalities....a lot of anxiety on this...pleasehelpThank You
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/18/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi, Louis. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Even if you file and are due a refund you will not get it until you file all your missing returns for at least last 6 years. You will not know how much you owe or if you even owe anything unless you sit down with a tax professional and complete your tax returns.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you Eva,Can i work with you on this...i can secure any docs you need
Well, I do not have a current tax software at home and if I do it at work, it will cost you about $150 per return.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
HI Eva,That sounds good...........i do have a quick follow up question, because the deadline is tomorrow would it be prudent
to file that extension while we prep the returns ...... im concerned that doing the extension might trigger some activity
before they are ready......what do you think there....based on your experience.
If you owe and you do not file extension you will just add to your penalties. Every tax form you received was automatically sent to IRS and so they have records about you receiving income and not filing tax return. There's no reason not to file the extension if you have to.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney