How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29573
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need help with form 8962, line 2a. Am I supposed to subtract

Customer Question

I need help with form 8962, line 2a. Am I supposed to subtract form 1040, line 20b from form 1040, line 20a ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
You need to use the worksheet next to figure your modified AGI from your tax return.That worksheet may be found on page 6 in instructions
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Regarding social security benefits reported on line 20a and taxable portion of benefits reported on line 20b- you do need to add the differenceFor instanceIf line 20a = $18000 and line 20b = $12,000 -->> the difference is $6000and that amount is listed in worksheet on line 4 and included into AGI..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.