Mark Anderson
Mark Anderson, Tax Attorney
Experience:  Tax attorney and accountant
17793914

Had a personal guarantee on a SBA loan to my business. SBA

Customer Question

Had a personal guarantee on a SBA loan to my business. SBA agreed to accept shortfall on loan but I had to pay 5000 to get release of guarantee.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Assets were sold with shortfall. SBA forgave corporate debt of 50k but required that I personally pay 5000 to release my personal quarantine.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
I understand the SBA forgave your corporation debt and required you to personally pay $5000.00 What is your question for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Already paid just answer. How many times am I going to be charges?
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
I'm not charging you anything, I just wanted to know your question so I could try to help. Would you like me to refer you to customer service?
Expert:  ShawnA replied 1 year ago.
I will be happy to help at no additional cost. Please explain who you wish to assist. I am a CPA
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
What is your question?