Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
Experience:  Bookkeeping, Profit and Loss, Balance SheetsAll types of US Taxes, Tennessee taxes, Personal, business, payroll, sales tax etc.
69500136

I am self employed and have the following results : Profit

Customer Question

I am self employed and have the following results for 2015:
Profit from Business: $21601.50 resulting in AGI of $21575.50;
Results for the past 3 years are as follows:
2014:
Business Loss: ($7347.26) AGI ($5697.26);
2013:
Business Loss: ($17432.13) AGI ($5405.11);
2012:
Business Loss: ($14799.86) AGI $5664.93.
The question is can I utilize the losses in a carry forward for 2015?
Thank you
Category: Tax
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
yes...if your tax program did not automatically carry these amounts over, you will enter the total into the NOL worksheet. This will reduce the amount you have to pay FIT on,but you will still have to pay the self-employment tax of 15.3%
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
the amount of carryover you have is ($4837.00)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I enter this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we still connected
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Yes...I'm sorry, I was helping someone else. You enter this on line 21 as a negative numberIf your tax program has a net operating loss worksheet, use that and it will place the number in the correct box
Expert:  Angie replied 1 year ago.
Just checking back to make sure you got your issue handled. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you take a moment to rate me using the stars or smiley faces, this is how I receive compensation from Just Answer and ensures experts like me are available to answer your questions in the future. if you would like to work with me again, simply type "ForCustomeramp;quot; in your question title and I'll be happy to help in any way that I can.