Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My husband is retired and he took some money out of his IRA

Customer Question
to help my son buy...
My husband is retired and he took some money out of his IRA to help my son buy a condo is there anyplace on the tax form that he can put he reinvested that money. As it stands now it is really messing us up as i had to use obamacare and now it puts us over the amount allowed. My name is ***** ***** condo with my son. Thanks Judy
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/17/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi, Judy. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Unfortunately distributions from IRA or other retirement vehicles cannot be reinvested for any reasons. I am assuming your husband is at least 59 1/2 so there's no penalty but there's no way to exclude the distribution from your income. I am sorry I wish I could give you better news.
Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?
emc011075
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser