How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 586
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I heard that you could get rebate or stimulus money back from

Customer Question

I heard that you could get rebate or stimulus money back from the IRS for 2015 expenses if you filed the correct form by 4/18/2016. This was about the same idea as when everyone got $600. checks to stimulate the economy. Is this true? What form do I need and where do I get one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. I do not know where you heard it but it is not true. Congress didn't signed in any stimulus or rebate related to IRS refunds or expenses for 2015.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This was buried in another bill so not many knew about it. If you did claim the rebate by the deadline you could continue to claim in the future, but if you didn't you were out of luck. If this wasn't true could the company be sued for issuing false information?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
There were two stimulus programs in the last 10 years. Both were one time payment. I am tax accountant for the last 15 year and didn't have a one single case in which taxpayer got the stimulus more than two times (one paper check and one as a credit on tax return)A company can be sued for false advertisement but somebody would actually have to do it.