How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 12477
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Irs audit I have been asking the ourlwyer to get an amswer

Customer Question

irs audit I have been asking the ourlwyer to get an amswer regarding the nature of the audit and have received vage answers
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I got it was am in come audit I am being audited personally and my company they say they are looking for foreign accounts of which I have none and never have my company 4564 refers to normal items my personal is 11 pages and asks for more specific I tems
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok I did not even finish my question? I want to know if they are supposed to tell you why you are being audited?
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi from Just Answer. I'm PDtax. I can assist. Yes they are. You have the right to make that demand. If your attorney is not responsive, you have a few options: Ask your attorney, in writing for an update of your case with a time limit for response and a copy of the IRS auditor's correspondence demanding the audit and its scope. If you don't get an answer, or you don't like it, replace him for your personal audit.Hire a tax pro for your interests, which might be different from your company's. I don't recommend you contact the IRS without representation, but you could. A tax pro will determine the scope of exam, and perhaps limit the inquiry on your personal finances.
Expert:  PDtax replied 1 year ago.
Hi again. PDtax here. Just following up. Since I haven't heard back, I assume you no longer need assistance from me. I will opt out.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi,...I am a different expert. ...Perhaps this would help. (from IRS' Publication 1, "Your Rights as a Taxpayer." I'll underline the pertinent part)..."Your Rights During an AuditPublication 1, Your Rights as a Taxpayer, explains your rights as a taxpayer as well as the examination, appeal, collection, and refund processes. These rights include:A right to professional and courteous treatment by IRS employees.A right to privacy and confidentiality about tax matters.A right to know why the IRS is asking for information, how the IRS will use it and what will happen if the requested information is not provided.A right to representation, by oneself or an authorized representative.A right to appeal disagreements, both within the IRS and before the courts."...You can see that here: you decide to call or respond yourself, you might "respectfully" say that you'd like to know why you are being audited ... that you understand that this is one of the basic taxpayer rights in Publication 1.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit That’s the only way JustAnswer will credit us for the work here....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986