Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I would like to know my take home net pay,exactly, this

Customer Question
Hello, I would like to...
Hello, I would like to know my take home net pay,exactly, this will be in Queens, NY ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will add more details after establishing the expert in this field
4/16/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
We need to know - how you filled your W4 form - married or Single? Number of allowances?- how often are you paid - weekly? bi-weekly?- amounts withheld for medical insurance? - other voluntary withholding ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I havent started work yet and net take home will determine if I will accept the job.
However here are some details:
1) Not married but Head of Household as I have live in GF
2) Baby in July
3) Borough of NYC - Queens
4) $61,232 Gross
5) Want to maximize paycheck and do not want deductions except mandated by State & Federal
Assuming you will use Single with TWO allowances (that is standard situation)Assuming $61,232 Gross annual taxable incomeYour pay stub might look asAnnual Gross $61,232Federal Withholding $8,492Social Security $3,796Medicare $888New York $3,006SDI $31.20City Tax $1,876Net Pay $43,142.
You may claim more allowances if you expect additional deductions.For instance - if you claim 3 allowancesAnnual Gross $61,232Federal Withholding 7,479Social Security $3,796Medicare $888New York $2,942SDI $31.20City Tax $1,876Net Pay $44,219So in your situation ONE additional allowance will result in ~1100 increase in net pay..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor