How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jonathan Tierney Your Own Question
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 322
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jonathan Tierney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I efiled my tax return yesterday and now I find that I made

Customer Question

I efiled my tax return yesterday and now I find that I made some mistakes on it so what do I need to do
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I can help. Unfortuneately, if you tax return was accepted by the IRS you can only change it by file a Form 1040X, amended individual tax return, on paper? Was your return accepted by the IRS? If it was not you can go ahead and make changes and try efiling it again.