How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a w2 this year every day job but I also do

Customer Question

I received a w2 this year for my every day job but I also do extra work through a company that delivers groceries. I pay for the groceries myself but get reimbursed through pay pal as well as receiving payment for my service. I have made less than 2000 in income an did not receive any tax forms from pay pal or the delivery service company. Do I need to report ? Also, since pay pal doesn't differentiate between my reimbursement and payment is the sum of both seen as income?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, you will have to report it even if you didn't receive any tax form. The proper way should be reporting what was deposited into your pay pal account and deduct what you paid for the groceries.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What tax form would I need to fill out?
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
You will report it on schedule C - profit and loss from business and on 1040. You will probably also need Schedule SE to report self-employment tax.