Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I received a w2 this year every day job but I also do

Customer Question
I received a w2 this...
I received a w2 this year for my every day job but I also do extra work through a company that delivers groceries. I pay for the groceries myself but get reimbursed through pay pal as well as receiving payment for my service. I have made less than 2000 in income an did not receive any tax forms from pay pal or the delivery service company. Do I need to report ? Also, since pay pal doesn't differentiate between my reimbursement and payment is the sum of both seen as income?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/16/2016
Tax Professional: emc011075, Tax adviser replied 1 year ago
emc011075
emc011075, Tax adviser
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, you will have to report it even if you didn't receive any tax form. The proper way should be reporting what was deposited into your pay pal account and deduct what you paid for the groceries.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What tax form would I need to fill out?
You will report it on schedule C - profit and loss from business and on 1040. You will probably also need Schedule SE to report self-employment tax.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney