How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29558
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client that have a foreign income with form

Customer Question

I have a client that have a foreign income with form 1116...He doesn't have any income from USA, however when I include the foreign income and form 1116 he received a earned income credit for her daughter..please let me know if this is correct
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Earned income credit is based on EARNED income - regardless if that income from US sources or from sources abroad.
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
If doesn't matter if the taxpayer claims a foreign tax credit...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.