Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a question. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question
HI I have a...
HI I have a question.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes. ok. my father passed away and had a IRA. my daughter who is also my dependent was given approx. 5,350.00 as her share .she was sent a 1099-R. I was told I cannot use her as a dependent.is this true?.that does not sound right to me.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/15/2016
Tax Professional: Barbara, Enrolled Agent replied 1 year ago
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.If you daughter meets the requirements to be claimed as your dependent as a qualifying child, you can claim her. Your daughter will file her own tax return to report the 1099-R and will note on her return that she is being claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return (yours).Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Best regards,Barb
Barbara
Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent