Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My wife died in 2014. My stepchildren reverted back to the

Customer Question
father in Utah. He decided...
My wife died in 2014. My stepchildren reverted back to the father in Utah. He decided he didnt want them, so I adopted them in 2015. Am I entitled to the adoption credit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/15/2016
Tax Professional: Angie, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
No, unfortunately because their mother was your spouse this precludes you from this credit.However you do get to claim them and receive the credits that come along with that.My condolences on the loss of your wife. My husband passed in 2012, I understand the difficulty.And congratulations on the adoption of the kids. That's a really great thing!
Angie
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer