How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Wallstreet Esq. Your Own Question
Wallstreet Esq.
Wallstreet Esq., Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 585
Experience:  10 years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Wallstreet Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I made a mistake on my employers Federal Id number. My returns

Customer Question

I made a mistake on my employers Federal Id number. My returns were rejected. How do I correct the error on my return. How can I access my returns to make a correction?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Mr. Williams, The Employer Identification Number, or EIN, is reported on the W-2 information you entered. Are you logged into your account? What version of Turbo Tax are you using? Online or Software?
Expert:  Mark Anderson replied 1 year ago.
Go into turbo tax. Correct the EIN on the W-2 and refile it.