Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a booth at an antique mall. Which 1099 would I fill

Customer Question
out for my taxes? JA: The...
I have a booth at an antique mall. Which 1099 would I fill out for my taxes?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more so we can help you best.
Customer: Each month the owners of the antique mall subtract 132 dollars for booth rental and %6 for card fees and other costs. I do not handle sales taxes. the owners of the antique mall do that.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Accountant before I connect you two?
Customer: I have been operating in this mall since 4/1/15 and have not always made a profit every month.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/15/2016
Tax Professional: Angie, Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer
You won't fill out a 1099 for your taxes. If you wish, you can provide a 1099-misc to the owners of the antique mall with the total amount that you paid in rent in box 1. However, if you plan to issue them a 1099-misc, be aware that it was due by the end of February. What you need to do is file your regular tax return with a schedule C. Your gross income before any expenses is reported in box 1 of the schedule C, then you will list your expenses for rent, card fees, etc. (as well as any other expenses that you incurred) I hope this helps
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you!
You're very welcome!
Angie
Angie
Angie, Tax Preparer