How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15184
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Florida where there are no state taxes I drive truck

Customer Question

I live in Florida where there are no state taxes I drive truck over the road I work for a company out of Iowa turbo tax said 1900.00 federal refund but said I owe the state of Iowa 700.00 for non resident taxes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf your terminal is in Iowa that is considered your tax home. You may live in another state but your tax home is where your main location is for work.Every employer who maintains an office or transacts business in Iowa and who is required to withhold federal income tax on any compensation paid to employees for services performed in Iowa is required to withhold Iowa individual income tax from that compensation.You are a nonresident of Iowa but your income is Iowa sourced if you are an employee.Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Thank you!
Expert:  Robin D. replied 1 year ago.
Checking to see if you responded