How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tyrone J. Taylor Your Own Question
Tyrone J. Taylor
Tyrone J. Taylor, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 52
Experience:  Owner at Taylor Tax and Financial Consulting
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tyrone J. Taylor is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Thank you here. I have had horrendous problems

Customer Question

Hi. Thank you for being here. I have had horrendous problems with the IRS since I was in my 20s--I am now 58. I want to know how to obtain each and every payment I have made and where it was applied going back 10 years. And I don't just want a vague print out. I want a complete accounting of literally every single penny in payments and where it was applied. I work in law so I know a subpoena cannot be used unless a lawsuit exists, but a letter will not do it. I intend to send it my demand or request every relevant dept. in the IRS. Is there anything I can do or file or serve on this bureaucratic goliath to get the results I need that will stand up in a court of law? I know that it is very very difficult to sue a government entity--nearly impossible! Please help me if you can. Thank you, ***** ***** Herbstreith
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well it started back in the late 80s--my husband was working for a company called Knight Enterprises--the powers that be decided one year to change the name of the company for approx. 4 months one year (I guess for their own tax purposes) and did not distribute W-2s for those months under the Multi-Kleen name. Of course, we didn't find this out for over 2 years when we owed, with interest and penalties, $4,500! Young married couple with 3 sons--not careers--but jobs at that time. Then I had the exact same thing happen in 2007 with my law firm. I now have unfiled taxes as I will not pay another penny until I see documentation of what I have paid--$600 per month for past 8 years, wage garnishments from my husband and myself, complete wipe of our checking and savings accounts, and most recently, they wiped out my 30 year old, Iraq vet's checking account! That's the gist of it!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,I am an Enrolled Agent with 9 years of professional tax experience. The IRS can provide you with the transcripts you are requesting. What you are requesting is an "Account Transcript" It can be ordered by filling out an IRS Form 4506-T. You will need to fill out 3 of these forms, as you can only ask for 4 years per form maximum.This will list every charge that has been applied to your account, and every payment as well.If you have unfiled tax returns, the IRS may have filed them for you, and you are paying taxes based on their filings, which are called Substitute For Returns. These are usually the worst type of return as they contain none of the usual deductions and exemptions you may qualify for. You do have the option to replace these returns.I would highly suggest you seek the assistance of a tax professional who is qualified to review your account, and possibly help you resolve this issue. Enrolled Agents, CPAs and tax attorneys specialize in this type of work.Good luck in resolving this issue. I hope the information I have provided is of some assistance to you. If you do not have any further questions, please feel free to rate my answere. Have a good evening.
Expert:  Tyrone J. Taylor replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I am just checking to see if you had a chance to review my response and to see if you had any further questions. If not, please feel free to go ahead and rate my answer. Thank you.