Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

MY husband and I are purchasing our first home, I took a withdrawal

Customer Question
from my IRA to go...
MY husband and I are purchasing our first home, I took a withdrawal from my IRA to go towards its. What type of paperwork or proof, etc do I need when filing my taxes next year to not be penalized for this early withdrawal?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/14/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloThe only thing you need to send with your return is the form 5329 that shows the exception for the first $10,000 from 10% penalty.If requested for more information then you would respond to the IRS. You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Checking to see if you responded
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4