How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barbara Your Own Question
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3377
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Barbara is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Aj I need a tax clearance code

Customer Question

aj I need a tax clearance code
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am trying to receive a wire transfer of $20,000 from a bank in Spain. The bank is asking for a tax clearance code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.There is no such thing as a tax clearance code. It sounds like a scam, especially if you are being asked to pay a fee to receive the money.Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Wrong. In fact, completely wrong. The only fraud here is you charged $53 for an answer that was wrong and you quoted that you would charge $32. I will be disputing your charges for obvious reasons.
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
As I mentioned, there is no such thing as a tax clearance code.If you meant a TAX CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE, that is a completely different issue.I will forward this to Customer Service and they can assist you.Best regards,Barb