How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55608
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get copies of my old taxes that will show capital

Customer Question

how do I get copies of my old taxes that will show capital gains
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
For the current year and the prior 3 years, you can obtain your prior tax returns in any of the following 3 manners: i) Online:,,id=232168,00.html ; ii) Telephone: 1-***-***-****; or iii) By mail by filing IRS Form 4506T (Request for Transcript of Tax Return). If the return was filed by Turbo Tax: One can use the following free link to download a copy from TT The foregoing process can take up to 5-10 days; if you need it more quickly, visit an accountant or lawyer in your area and sign a Form 2848, Power of Attorney and let him call the call the IRS' Tax Practitioner Hotline which is available to attorneys, accountants, and EA's. He/she can ask them to fax a transcript of your tax returns while you wait.