Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Where and how do I file my required minimum distribution?

Customer Question
I've already filed my federal...
I've already filed my federal taxes but did see anyplace to include the rmd.
Your help is greatly appreciated.
John Biggs
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/13/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloYour RMD should been reported on a 1099R. If this came from pension it is reported as pension distribution if from an IRA it is reported as an IRA distribution.Your RMD is just reported a s regular distribution unless you forget to take your RMD.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Checking to see if you responded
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4