Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need more time to pay my state taxes. I've hit a bad cash

Customer Question
flow situation and would be...
I need more time to pay my state taxes. I've hit a bad cash flow situation and would be able to make the full payment not later than 7/1/2016. a) Who should I contact to advise of this situation in the IRS and b) what kind of fee should I expect on a payment due of $739?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/13/2016
Tax Professional: Anne, Master Tax Preparer replied 1 year ago
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer
HiI'm Anne. I've been preparing taxes for 28 years and I'll be happy to help you. You will apply for an installment agreement with the state of MI, (https://www.michigan.gov/documents/990forLVP_88572_7.pdf) You will have to offer some small $ amount on the form. but I would write a note and attach it stating that you will be able to pay in full on 07/15/2016, or whatever date you can promise. If you have found this answer helpful, then please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the starsIt is ONLY through positive ratings that we are compensated for our time and knowledge. Thank you for choosing justanswer.
I am checking back with you to see if you have any more questions re: the answer I posted for you. If you do, please post them here and I'll be notified. If my answer was helpful to you, then please take the moment to rate positive by clicking on the stars. Again, we are ONLY compensated for our time and knowledge by receiving those positive ratings. Thank you again for choosing justanswer.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One more question, is there a particular dollar amount I need to send or can I pay a little now and the rest in the summer?
There's no set fee, although the state of MI has the right not to accept the $ amount and raise it if they feel it is not high enough.........which is why I would be sure to write on the bottom of the form that you will pay this off by (date) You should however, offer as much as you can at this moment in time, what ever that may be. I hope this helps.
Anne
Anne
Anne, Master Tax Preparer