Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How much is this service to ask you a question? JA: Thanks.

Customer Question
how much is this service...
how much is this service to ask you a question?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Just trying to figure out the basis of home. I own rentals and am finishing my taxes. I refinanced a few years ago and was wondering if my adjusted basis changes
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Tax Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/12/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
You basis is your purchase price PLUS improvement expenses MINUS depreciation.Refinancing woudl not affect your basis.
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you will all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor