Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My sister received $9,024.00 last year from SSDI, plus some

Customer Question
from SSI, which she says...
My sister received $9,024.00 last year from SSDI, plus some from SSI, which she says is non-taxable. She also got $184.53 in interest on a life insurance policy my mother left her. Does she need to file a return at all?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/12/2016
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 1 year ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
HelloIf her only income other than SSDI was the interest then no she is not required to file. The SSI is not in the calculation as it is not taxable even if she did receive more income.You are required to click a positive rating if I am to be credited with the response.You have to actively click on a rating and click submit. Smiley Faces or Stars.
Checking to see if you responded
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4