Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I sold an investment property in 2015. Although I had net

Customer Question
I sold an investment property...
I sold an investment property in 2015. Although I had net proceeds from sale, it does not cover the substantial entitlement costs that I incurred trying to redevelop this property. How do I write off those expenses?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Tax
4/11/2016
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 1 year ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
trying to redevelop this property - I assume these are improvement expenses? If so - they are added to the basis.Thus when you sell the property - your gain will be calculated a (selling price) MINUS (adjusted basis)
I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor