How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jonathan Tierney Your Own Question
Jonathan Tierney
Jonathan Tierney, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 322
Experience:  Tax Accountant at Praxair, Inc.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jonathan Tierney is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I forgot to include FORM 1040-V with my check when i filed

Customer Question

I forgot to include FORM 1040-V with my check when i filed my return -- what do I need
to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jonathan Tierney replied 1 year ago.
Did you paper file your return? If you did, I wouldn't worry about it since the tax return is there so the IRS should have enough information to properly credit your account. If the check clears you will then have proof the tax was paid and the IRS will have to make the proper adjustment to your account. I hope this answers your question. Please let me know if I can clarify anything or answer any additional questions.Thanks, Jonathan