How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29941
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a check from The United States Treasury Tax's

Customer Question

I got a check from The United States Treasury for 2012 Tax's and it seems large - I verified the check through IRS but it seems to good to be true. I deposited the check to see if the bank could validate but i intend to not spend any of this until i can figure it out.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Was that check expected? = means did you expect any refund for 2012?If that refund is based on any changes made by the IRS - you must have a letter with explanation is a week or so,
Expert:  Lev replied 1 year ago.
Another sway to verify - order your tax account transcript for 2012 - and the amount of refund should be listed there.You may also contact the IRS and verify - the phone number _1_800_829_1040_ please be prepared to wait...I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.